Mansion on Berezhkovskaya Naberezhnaya 28
16 251 ₽ m2 per year
0 ₽ m2
The building is located next to the Moskva River Embankment, the Novodevichy Prudy Park, the Setun Pier, the Luzhniki Sports Palace and the Classical Photography Gallery. It has convenient access to Kutuzovsky Prospect and the Third Ring Road. Kievskaya Metro Station is a 7-minute walk away.
The building in the constructivism style was built in 1928 according to the project of the famous architect Konstantin Melnikov by order of the Union of Chemists. In 1926, 10% of the cultural fund was used for construction of new clubs for trade unions, which had been previously located in mansions and temples. The architecture also should have been new. Classicism, empire and modernity were rejected. So the Union of Chemists developed close relations with Konstantin Melnikov, and he built three clubs for them in Moscow, including the Dorkhimzavod club with a kitchen factory in the Frunzenskaya area. The facades were lined with solid glazing, but there was space left for posters and a signboard with the club name. The main auditorium was planned for 370 people and divided into three tiers, the lower one could be used as a foyer.