Mansion on Donskaya Street 7
The mansion is placed on the first street line of houses with a high pedestrian traffic. It is surrounded by developed infrastructure, numerous government and educational institutions. Gorky Park and Muzeon Park are a few minutes' walk away. There is convenient access to Leninsky Prospekt, Bolshaya Yakimanka Street and the Garden Ring Road. Oktyabrskaya Metro Station is a 4-minute walk away.
The Empire style mansion was built in the 19th century and is a striking example of residential development of that time. The estate was formed in the period from 1830 to 1880, when the possessions belonging to the collegiate adviser Zhigunov were acquired by the merchant Solodovnikov. On the first line of the street, Solodovnikov built the main house of the estate, where he lived with his family. He also built factory buildings deep into the estate. After the 1880s, the estate passed to the merchant of the first guild Prostyakov, by order of whom the mansions of the estate were rebuilt. After the revolution, the houses were nationalized. Currently, on Donskaya Street, this is the only ensemble of the estate that gives an idea of the historical development of the quarter.