Mansion on Romanov Pereulok 3
0 $ m2 per year
12 851 $ m2
Despite its location in the city center, the mansion is situated in a quiet courtyard, between the residential building 'Romanov, 3' and the estate of Sheremetyev. Access to the building is from Romanov Lane. There is a developed infrastructure, nearby are a polyclinic, grocery stores, a large selection of cafes and restaurants, as well as a variety of museums. The Lenin State Library, the Alexander Garden and the Kremlin are within walking distance. The nearest public transport stop and Arbatskaya Metro Station are a 5-minute walk away. You can reach the Third Ring Road within 8 minutes across Novy Arbat Street.
The mansion is hidden behind the house 'Romanov, 3', which is considered a cultural heritage site . The house was built for Count Sheremetyev in 1899 by the architect Alexander Meisner. The five-storey house is designed in the Neo-Renaissance style with elements of French Baroque. Previously it was known as the Sheremetyevo apartment complex, and since the 1920s — as the 5th House of Soviets. Families of prominent state and military figures of the Soviet Union, including Mikhail Frunze and Nikita Khrushchev, lived here.