Mansion Spartakovskaya Street, 10/2
The mansion is located on the first building line with a high pedestrian traffic. Nearby are the Bauman Garden of Culture and Leisure, the Zverev Center for Contemporary Art, the Pushkin House-Museum and the Muravyov-Apostolov Estate Museum. Baumanskaya metro station is a 5-minute walk away.
The corner house was built on the site of a manor belonged to the family of the Moscow merchant Smirnov. In the 1880s, the plot passed to the titular councilor's wife Nadezhda Andreevna Golubeva, at whose request the existing house was rebuilt in the neoclassical style. The facades were decorated with elegant stucco made of flower garlands, and the corners were highlighted with rustication. In the 1890s, Golubeva opened a private asylum for the mentally ill in the house, which operated almost until the 1917 revolution. In the 1920s, the house was occupied by communal apartments.