Mansion Pokrovka street, 3
0 ₽ m2 per year
594 386 ₽ m2
The mansion is located on the first line of the street with high pedestrian traffic in the Chistye Prudy area. Surrounded by the Sovremennik Theatre, the Moscow Theater of Oleg Tabakov and Vasnetsov's memorial apartment. Convenient exit to Pokrovka and Maroseyka, Boulevard and Garden Ring roads. The nearest metro station is Kitai-gorod, which is a 7-minute walk away.
The building was built between 1781 and 1802 on the site of the chambers of the Meshchersky nobles. The faсade with a projection of the Corinthian portico, medallions with female heads and a small crowning attic is typical of developed classicism. From the Meshchersky nobles, the possessions passed to the merchant Pochepin, and in 1841 to Lieutenant Colonel Zabelin, who expanded the mansion with extensions to the height of the house. At various times, there was a Muscovite shop and Shishkin's colonial goods shop, Sabaneev's popular tea shop, an engraving shop and Lil'e's lithograph. Since the late 1860s, there was an organ institution — Brugger and Furtvenkler. After the arrival of the Bolsheviks, the house was nationalized and in the early 1920s it was transferred to a hostel for young writers. In this house, Fadeev wrote the story "The Rout", Yuri Libedinsky — "Commissioners", Artem Vesely — "Russia, washed with blood", Mikhail Svetlov — "Grenada". Mayakovsky, Aseev, Sholokhov and other writers also looked in here.