Mansion on Trubnikovsky Pereulok 32
494 $ m2 per year
The mansion is located on the first line of a quiet lane next to busy Novy and Stary Arbat Streets, Patriarch's Ponds, and the Moscow Zoo. It is surrounded by developed infrastructure, elite residential complexes, embassies, and representative offices. It has convenient access to Bolshaya Nikitskaya Street, the Garden and Boulevard Ring Road. The nearest metro station 'Barrikadnaya' is within a 10-minute walk.
The history of the mansion dates back to 1860, when Dmitry Rovinsky purchased a one-storey wooden house in the classicism style. Rovinsky was a prominent lawyer and well-known collector. He managed to make the largest private collection of Rembrandt's etchings, which he subsequently transferred to the Hermitage. Dmitry also issued several multi-volume publications, where he presented and systematized not only his exhibits, but also rarities from other museum collections. In 1875, when the house passed to Rumyantseva, an extension with a main entrance was added on the southwestern side. Two more two-storey extensions were completed in 1883 and 1917. By 1990, most of the decorative elements of the facades and interiors were lost. During reconstruction in 2018, the Ionic order columns separating the large and small living rooms, the ceiling stucco decoration, and stoves were recreated.