Mansion Melnitsky Pereulok, 8
25 974 ₽ m2 per year
0 ₽ m2
The mansion is located at the intersection of Melnitsky and Maly Poluyaroslavsky lanes. Nearby are the art clusters Winzavod and Artplay, the Sakharov Center museum, the square of the Trinity Chapel and the Stroganovs' estate on the Yauza. Convenient access to the Garden Ring, Sergius Radonezhsky Street, Nikoloyamskaya Street and Entuziastov Highway. The nearest metro station is Chkalovskaya, which is a 6-minute walk away.
The mansion was built in the second half of the 19th century according to the project of the architect Kherson. The two-story building with a brick ground floor and a wooden second floor was supposed to be built in the eclectic style with elements of classical decor, but the decor of the facades was changed by the architect Chichagov, an adherent of Russian architecture. The upper floor was decorated with a stylization with ornaments of folk applied art. The platbands of the windows and the crowning cornice were made with carved openwork ornaments. In 1901, this house belonged to the merchant family Timofey and Martha Skvortsov. The upper floors were rented out, and a small factory for the production of silver items was equipped in the basement. After 1917, the residential building was adapted for communal apartments, and in the second half of the 20th century there used to be industrial premises.