Mansion Tverskaya street, 5
751 $ m2 per year
0 $ m2
The building is located in the historical and cultural part of the city next to the Theater Square, the Bolshoi Theatre, the Maly Theatre, the Kremlin, Red Square, Zaryadye Park and Alexander Garden. Convenient access to Tverskaya street, Boulevard Ring and Garden Ring roads. The nearest metro station is Okhotny Ryad, which is a 4-minute walk away.
The classic mansion with an elegant forged canopy over the entrance was built in 1740 and was the main house of the city estate of the Volkonsky princes. In the 19th century, the house came into the possession of the Imperial University and was converted into apartments for professors and scientists. In a fire in 1812, the building survived thanks to Professor Stelzer. In the 1830s, the well-known critic Belinsky lived in the house and the editorial office of the Teleskop magazine, which published Chaadaev's first Philosophical Letter, was located in the house. Currently, the mansion is best known as the "Rector's House" and is a cultural heritage site.