Mansion on Pyatnitskaya Street 49A
401 $ m2 per year
8 144 $ m2
The building is surrounded by universities and embassies. Nearby is the Luna Theatre, a branch of the Maly Theatre, the Tropinin Museum, the Moscow Museum of Education, and the State Tretyakov Gallery. It has convenient access to the Garden and Boulevard Ring Roads, as well as to the Vodootvodny Canal Embankment. Novokuznetskaya and Tretyakovskaya Metro Stations are within an 8-minute walk.
The mansion in the early Art Nouveau style was built at the request of Konstantin Vasilyevich Isaev, who decided to build a revenue house on an empty land plot. So, in 1903, the eminent architect Lev Kekushev undertook the project of an apartment building. Despite the limited space, the architect managed to perfectly fit the four-storey building into the already existing estate complex. The construction was completed in 1904. An undulating attic under a deep canopy highlights the center of the building, which can be seen from the street. The gray tiles on the facade contrast with the plastered window frames and the ground floor walls with fine rustication.