Mansion on Bolshaya Ordynka Street 38
243 $ m2 per year
5 658 $ m2
The mansion is safely hidden from the bustle of the city center on a quiet street at the intersection of two prestigious districts of Moscow — Yakimanka and Zamoskvorechye. It is surrounded by high-end residential buildings, embassies, historical estates and prestigious educational institutions. The Tretyakov Gallery, a branch of the Maly Theater, the Museon and Zaryadye parks are within walking distance. There is convenient access to the Garden Ring Road, which is a 3-minute drive away, while the embankment of the Moskva River is in 5 minutes away. The nearest metro stations are Polyanka and Tretyakovskaya, which are a 6-minute walk away.
The mansion is a striking example of a wooden residential building in the style of Russian architecture. In 1851, the merchant of the 3rd guild Philip Kunitsyn ordered to construct on his estate territory an apartment house with a stone basement and a wooden ground floor with a seven-window façade. The courtyard included newly-built cellar, stable and barn. In 1845, the estate passed to the merchant Vasily Bogatyrev, who reconstructed it with a facade remodeling in 1865. The building has been preserved to this day in this very guise. After 1917, the mansion was occupied by a housing association with communal apartments. And after 1926, there was the management of the bus fleet. In the 21st century, the project on the restoration and converting of the mansion into a modern one was recognized as a best example for the architectural monuments preservation in Moscow.