Mansion 'Gallery of Giraud'
The mansion is located on the territory of the business district 'Red Rose'. The road to Park Kultury Metro Station takes about 10 minutes on foot. Nearby is Devichiye Pole Square and the park of the estate of L.N. Tolstoy in Khamovniki. The Garden Ring Road is a 3minute drive, while the Third Ring Road is 10 minutes away.
The building, a cultural heritage site, was built in 1901 by architect Klein by order of Claude-Marie Giraud, owner of a silk-weaving factory in Khamovniki. The factory became the largest in the Russian Empire, with over 1,700 looms operating there in 1900. Before the revolution, the family of the manufacturer lived in the residential wing of the building, and his private art gallery was located in another part. In May 1919, the factory was nationalized. During the Great Patriotic War, the plant supplied troops with parachute fabrics. After the Soviet collapse, weaving production was curtailed and moved to the Moscow region.