Mansion on Voznesenskiy Pereulok 9
1 158 $ m2 per year
14 057 $ m2
The mansion is located on the first line of houses of a busy lane, a 15-minute walk from Red Square and the main capital city's attractions. It is surrounded by developed infrastructure of Bolshaya Nikitskaya Street and Tverskoy Boulevard, numerous theaters and museums. There is convenient access to the Boulevard and Garden Ring Roads. The nearest metro stations 'Pushkinskaya', 'Okhotniy Ryad' and 'Arbatskaya' can be reached within 11 minutes on foot.
Since the 1820s, the mansion belonged to the poet Pyotr Andreevich Vyazemsky and served as an outbuilding at the main house of the estate. Vyazemsky rented the main house, and lived and met with friends in the wing, which allowed the mansion to become one of the most interesting monuments of literary Moscow. Here in 1826 Alexander Sergeevich Pushkin read 'Boris Godunov' twice, and in 1830 he lived with a friend before leaving for Boldino. In the same house Griboyedov Alexander Sergeevich read 'Woe from wit'. Baratynsky, Griboyedov, Gogol and Davydov also visited Vyazemsky. At the end of the 1880s, the estate passed to the merchant Ivan Guchkov and his daughter Tatiana. During the Soviet period, apartments in residential buildings turned into communal apartments, By 1960 the mansion had come to a dilapidated state. Restoration and adaptation for modern use began after Vyazemsky's manor house was listed as an architectural heritage site.