Mansion Merzlyakovsky Pereulok, 20
550 ₽ m2 per year
0 $ m2
The mansion is located in the historical center of Moscow, next to the Gogol House Museum, the State Museum of the East, Manege, Red Square, the Kremlin and Alexander Garden. Convenient access to Novy Arbat Street, Boulevard and Garden Ring roads allows you to quickly get to anywhere in the city. The nearest metro station is Arbatskayam which is a 5-minute walk away.
The Art Nouveau mansion was built according to the project of the architect Ostrogradsky in 1902 for the doctor of medicine, gynecologist Fyodor Alexandrovich Alexandrov. In the apartment building, apartments on the first floor were rented out, on the second floor there were rooms for receiving patients, and on the third floor the owner lived with his family. The façade of the building was decorated with glazed ceramic inserts created in Savva Mamontov's workshop "Abramtsevo" based on Vrubel's drawings "Immortals". The expressive pattern of metal railings and the varied texture of the walls made of light ceramic tiles with colored tile inserts enlivened the building. Rocaille elements, iris flowers and curly female heads were additional elements of decor. Most of the decorative elements were lost during the reconstruction in the middle of the 20th century. In the 2000s, the mansion was built on the fourth floor, at the same time, part of the original decor was recreated according to the surviving drawings of the architect.