Mansion on Gagarinsky Pereulok 29
374 $ m2 per year
0 $ m2
The mansion is located on a quiet lane in the most prestigious Moscow district of Khamovniki. Within walking distance is developed infrastructure, the streets of Novy and Stary Arbat, the Cathedral of Christ the Savior, numerous theaters, museums, and galleries. It has convenient access to the Boulevard and Garden Ring Roads. Kropotkinskaya Metro Station is an 8-minute walk away.
The mansion with a facade decorated with snow-white architraves was built in 1905 according to the project of architect Mikhail Kulchitsky. The mansion was built on the site of the former house of foreman Novosiltsev, who gathered members of the populist circle 'Chaikovtsy' there. The mansion was also visited the revolutionary Peter Kropotkin. In 1895, the equipment of an underground printing house was transported to Novosiltsev's house, and this equipment was found on the Mandelstams' land plot near the walls of the Novodevichy Convent. The order for construction of a new residential building on this land plot was made by Elizaveta Efron, who was the mother of Sergei Efron, a well-known writer and publicist, the husband of the poetess Marina Tsvetaeva. Today, the mansion is not recognized as an object of cultural heritage.