Mansion Bolshoy Znamensky Lane 2
20 979 ₽ m2 per year
0 ₽ m2
The mansion is located next to the Cathedral of Christ the Savior, the Pushkin Museum and the art gallery of the countries of Europe and America of the XIX-XX centuries. The building provides convenient access to the Boulevard Ring, the Moskva River embankment, Volkhonka and Znamenka streets. The nearest metro station is Kropotkinskaya, which is a 7-minute walk away.
The complex of one-story buildings in Bolshoy Znamensky Lane was built in 1770 for the main member of the Moscow Coin Expedition Yakovlev, the grandfather of the famous writer Herzen. Later, the estate passed into the possession of Prince Lodyzhensky and the Stolypin nobles. In 1831, the state bought a complex of houses for the needs of the First Men's Grad Gymnasium. Gymnasium classes and an office were placed in the new premises. Outstanding Russian historians Soloviev and Pogodin, playwright Alexander Ostrovsky, writer Pyotr Kropotkin, professors Bugaev and Umov studied here. In May 1836, Alexander Pushkin visited the director of Okulov's gymnasium.