Mansion Baltschug Street 5
36 075 ₽ m2 per year
0 ₽ m2
The mansion is located on the first line of houses in the heart of the Bolotny Ostrov. The Moscow River embankment, the Kremlin, the Red Square, the State Tretyakov Gallery and the Zaradye park are within walking distance. The building has a convenient access to the Moscow River embankment, Boulevard and Garden Ring Roads. Novokuznetskaya Metro Station is in a 10-minute walk away.
In the mansion with elegant semi-circular windows on the mezzanine floor there were shops, which were attached to a merchant estate of the XVIII-XIX century. With the development of transport infrastructure in the 16th and 17th centuries, Baltschug was chosen by representatives of the merchant estate. Wooden shops and courtyards of Baltschug suffered from fire more than once, so in 1730, after one of the major fires, the Senate even issued an order that new houses be built of stone. Floods up to the construction of the Drainage Canal were no less dangerous. The shops sold a variety of products, near opened profitable houses and taverns. The prosperity of trade on Baltschug Street continued until the 20th century, and by 1917 merchant shops and warehouses had lost their previous owners and were transferred to various institutions.