Mansion on Novaya Basmannaya Street 19
0 $ m2 per year
1 547 $ m2
The mansion is located on the first line of houses of the busy Novaya Basmannaya Street with high pedestrian and car traffic. Nearby there is the Bauman Garden, the house-museums of Rokotov and Pushkin. It is surrounded by developed infrastructure, numerous theaters and temples. There is convenient access to the Garden Ring Road, Staraya and Novaya Basmannaya Streets. The nearest metro station is Krasnye Vorota, wich is a 12-minute walk away.
The mansion was built in 1882 by architect Klein on the site of an old house owned by merchant Vasily Khludov, a large manufacturer. He and his brother founded one of the first paper spinning factories in Russia with steam engines. Khludov presented this mansion to his son Vasily. In 1884, the mansion passed to the merchant Koshelev. In the 20s and 30s, the house was occupied by a Latvian kindergarten named after Karl Marx and by a seven-year school. Later there was a publishing house 'Fiction'. The mansion is recognized as a cultural heritage site and is known as 'The House in which the Decembrist Fyodor Gavrilovich Vishnevskiy lived after returning from the exile'.