Mansion on Volkhonka Street 11
The mansion is located between the Cathedral of Christ the Savior and Red Square on the first line of Volkhonka Street with high tourist traffic. It is surrounded by developed infrastructure, many museums and theaters, representative offices of large companies, and embassies. There is convenient access to the Boulevard Ring Road and the Kremlin Embankment. Kropotkinskaya Metro Station is a 2-minute walk away.
The mansion was built in 1820. From 1825 to 1832, the famous portrait painter Vasily Tropinin lived in the house with an elegant cast-iron balcony honing his skills. Tropinin served as a lackey for Count Morkov and managed to get freedom only at the age of 47. After that, he was elected an academician of painting and settled in the house on Volkhonka Street. This is where he painted the famous portrait of Alexander Sergeevich Pushkin.