Mansion on Sofiyskaya Naberezhnaya 10-14
The complex of mansions with magnificent views of the Kremlin Cathedral Square and the Moskva River is a 10-minute walk from Red Square, the Kremlin, GUM, Alexander Garden and Zaryadye Park. It is surrounded by embassies and representative offices of large companies, the residence of the British Ambassador. There is convenient access to the embankment, Bolshaya Yakimanka and Bolshaya Polyanka Streets. The nearest metro stations 'Biblioteka Imeni Lenina', 'Borovitskaya' and 'Arbatskaya' can be reached within a 15-minute walk.
The mansions are based on the chambers of the mid-18th century. Since that time, the buildings had been rebuilt several times, until they were transferred to the owner of the mechanical plant Gustav List in 1870. One of the mansions used to be a residential house of Gustav Liszt, while the other was occupied by the factory office designed by architect Melgren. The workshops and factory shops for the production of pumps and fire equipment went deep into the mansion. During the First World War, Gustav's sons engaged in the production of shells. Today, the mansion is listed as a cultural heritage site.