Mansion on Bolshaya Ordynka Street 25
The site is located on the first line of houses in the historical center of Moscow. The surroundings include theaters, museums, embassies, and nearby parks Muzeon and Zaryadye. The Tretyakov Gallery is a 5-minute walk away. There is a convenient exit to Bolshaya Ordynka Street. The Garden Ring Road is a 16-minute drive away. The Tretyakovskaya Metro Station can be reached in a 1-minute walk, while Novokuznetskaya Metro Station is a 6-minute walk away.
The mansion was built in 1930 by the architect Patek. This is the first Soviet automated telephone service. The station building was built of monolithic reinforced concrete structures. The architectural image was deliberately given the features of industrial blocks in the style of constructivism. At that time, three more telephone exchanges were built in Moscow. In 1995, a building with huge arched windows was built next to the ATE. This extension is decorated with mosaic medallions and was created by the Honored muralist Dubtsov. There are images of churches on it — four on each side. Each of the churches is an image of specific temples demolished in Soviet times. The automatic telephone exchange served state institutions and industrial enterprises of Zamoskvorechye. Today this building is the headquarters of the Moscow City Telephone Network.