Mansion Tokmakov Pereulok 23
The mansion is located in a quiet alley of Moscow in the same yard with the Museum of Russian Art. It is surrounded by a developed infrastructure, modern residential complexes and representative offices of large companies. The Bauman Garden and Lefortovo Park are within walking distance. The building has a convenient access to the Garden Ring Road across Kazakov Street and the Third Ring Road through Baumanskaya Street. Baumanskaya Metro Station is in a 15-minute walk away.
The mansion is recognized as an object of cultural heritage. It is an outbuilding of the 18th-19th century city estate. The estate was erected at the junction of three settlements — Basmanna, German and Gory fields. The first owners of the estate were brigadier Shtok and hereditary nobleman and poet Nikolai Struisky. In 1771, a nobleman and landowner Petr Belavin bought the estate, under which the architectural and planning structure of the estate took shape. In 1812, the estate almost completely burned down. Reconstruction work began in 1814, a stone main house was built, and along Tokmakov Lane a one-storey stone residential outbuilding was built. After Belavin, the estate was owned by merchant of the 1st guild and honorary citizen Dmitry Quaternikov. The modern appearance of the outbuilding was given in 1847 under the son of Thursday, who built the second floor. After 1917, the estate was nationalized and converted into communal apartments. In one of the outbuildings of the estate for a time lived the artist Strizhenov, and in Soviet times were located state institutions.