Mansion on Protopopovskiy Pereulok 19
0 $ m2 per year
3 110 $ m2
The building is located on a quiet street next to the Botanical Garden of the Moscow State University 'Aptekarskiy Ogorod. It is within walking distance of developed infrastructure, Shchepkin Theater Museum and Catherine Park. The scheme is surrounded by representative offices of large companies, prestigious residential developments and government agencies. There is convenient access to the Garden Ring and the Third Ring Roads within a 5-minute drive. The nearest metro station 'Prospekt Mira' is a 6-minute walk away.
The mansion is a cultural heritage site and belongs to the ensemble of the Mariinsky Orphanage of the Brotherly Society. The building was built in 1911 by architect Mashkov. Inside, there were 35 apartments, which were rented to the needy for a reasonable fee. Before the revolution of 1917, the mansion was called 'Gorbovsky House of Cheap Apartments' named after the benefactors — the Gorbov merchants — and the 'House of Cheap Apartments named after Emperor Nikolai II'. The facade decoration has preserved to this day the decorative elements in the style of Russian architecture.