Mansion Volochaevskaya street, 11/15
0 $ m2 per year
379 $ m2
The complex is located a few minutes walk from the Yauza River embankment, Tagansky Park, the Andrei Rublev Central Museum of Old Russian Culture and Art and the Stroganovs' estate on the Yauza. Convenient access to Sergiy Radonezhskogo street, Entuziastov highway, TRR and Garden Ring road. The nearest metro stations are Ploshchad Ilyicha and Rimskaya, which are a 7-minute walk away.
The post-constructivist style buildings were built in 1929-1933 by the architect Ignatius Milinis. On the spacious territory on the slope of the Andronikov Monastery there used to be a club of the Moscow Metallurgical Plant. The largest building housed an auditorium and a foyer, the other two were reserved for a sports hall and club rooms. In the 1950s, the club was renovated and supplemented with neoclassical elements. The facades were decorated with rusting and pilasters, the interiors were supplemented with stucco decoration, the main staircase leading to the hill was decorated with decorative flower pots. The Hammer and Sickle Plant itself was engaged in steel casting until 2011.