Mansion on Pokrovka Street 38
The mansion is located in the old low-rise Moscow area, a 10-minute walk from Kurskaya Metro Station and 7 minutes from Chistoprudny Boulevard. Nearby is the Oleg Tabakov Theater School, the Sovremennik Theater, restaurants, cafes and hotels. It takes 15 minutes by bike to get to the Kremlin, 3 minutes by car to reach the Garden Ring Road, and 17 minutes to get to the Third Ring Road.
The Shuvalov-Golitsyn city estate is a cultural heritage site of federal significance. The building was built in 1780 by Ivan Ivanovich Shuvalov, a famous favorite of Empress Elizabeth Petrovna. Later, the house belonged to the Princes Golitsyn. In 1887, the ground floor was rebuilt for shops, and the first floor was rented to gymnasiums. In 1917, the Golitsyns were deprived of their property and the house passed into state and later into private ownership.