Mansion on Prechistenka Street 8
The mansion is located opposite the Cathedral of Christ the Savior, in close proximity to the Kremlin. It is surrounded by embassies, luxury residential buildings, and representative offices of large companies. Within walking distance is developed infrastructure, busy streets of Novy and Stary Arbat, and quiet walking streets of Prechistenka and Ostozhenka. There is convenient access to the Garden and Boulevard Ring Roads. Kropotkinskaya Metro Station is a 2-minute walk away.
The eclectic mansion was built on the basis of the 18th century chambers. Over the years, it belonged to Colonel Protasov, Princess Volkonskaya, the Moscow merchants Milyakovs' family. The last owners since 1892 were St. Petersburg merchants of the First Guild of Istomina. After the revolution, the Istomins remained in their estate occupying only part of the rooms. The Istomins were finally evicted from the mansion on Prechistenka Street after the war.