Mansion on Petrovsky Boulevard 1
0 $ m2 per year
10 977 $ m2
The mansion is located at the intersection of lively Petrovka Street and Petrovsky Boulevard within walking distance from Strastnoy Boulevard and Tverskaya Street. The main facades of the building look at the Petrovsky Vorota Square, the Moscow City Duma building and the Vysotsky monument. It is surrounded by the Hermitage Garden, the Moscow City Duma Park, the Moscow Museum of Modern Art, the Mark Zakharov Lenkom Theater and the State Theater of Nations. There is direct access to the Boulevard Ring Road, while the Garden Ring Road is a 2-minute drive away. The nearest metro station 'Pushkinskaya' is a 5-minute walk away.
The classic mansion was built in the late 18th century on the site of former shops and a state-owned drinking house. In the 1820s, a two-story stone house with a basement belonged to the Moscow shopkeeper Tsyganov and was converted into retail premises and shops. In the 1830s, the mansion was expanded and enlarged in area, and the corner was rounded. In 1876, the ownership passed to the Moscow merchant Borisov. By that time, the third floor was overbuilt and a gate was arranged in the eastern part of the house.